Random runners began to use it as an additional training method. Today, walking with weights or with walking poles is a recreational physical activity,and due to its availability is more and more popular among the general public. Walking is not just a fashion trend. According to doctors and physiotherapists, this gait has many positive effects on our health. The use of weights or walking poles engage not only upper body, but most significantly easy impact on our joints, ankle, knees and hips. Walking then becomes easier and faster, especially for people with various health problems and overweight. Speaking of the overweight, according to research, you will also burn more calories than normal walking. This means that we burn calories as jogging without compromising the impact on our joints.
Benefits of Walking with weights or with walking poles:
- Improves strenght and enhances muscle groups in the back, chest, shoulders and arms.
- Relaxes the shoulder girdle, which significantly helps to release tension in the shoulders and neck.
- Strengthens ankle ligaments and joints.
- Positive effect on the lymphatic and circulatory system.
- It prevents high pressure, cholesterol, diabetes and health problems in general.
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
- Burns more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Poles helps to move faster without feeling the effort
- Very sociable; participants can chat as they go!
- Combines exercise with the nature which has been proven to boost mood.